About Us



Sew Fine by Design arrived in the Brevard North Carolina area in January of 2014. Previously I operated in the Detroit Michigan area and for many years was a member, and on the Board, of the Greater Detroit Workroom Association.  Collectively we have about 100 years of experience with our staff members.

Over 90% of our business is custom window, bed and table treatments that are fabricated for Interior Designers who use our services.  The other 10% is wedding dresses, evening gowns, reproductions and specialty alterations.  We have found that the detailed sewing needed for the wedding/evening gowns and reproductions and the problem solving needed for the specialty alterations has greatly enhanced our ability to provide a higher quality of service  and final product for our designers. Our work includes:

  • Period Reproductions                                      
  • Designer Originals
  • Many of the treatments from M'Fay
  • Parkhill Swags and tails
  • Asymmetric Pleated Draperies
  • Asymmetric Swags
  • Hand Pleated Pencil Pleats
  • Custom Tailored Finishes
  • Valances of all kinds
  • Duvet Covers
  • Channel Stitched Comforters
  • Throw Pillows
  • Pillow Shams
  • Table Cloths 
  • Window Shades 
  • Cushions
  • Hard and Soft Cornices
  • Bed Skirts
  • Just about anything you can imagine!  

And due to the fact that we ship out of state, we have become quite proficient at creating Bay Window Valances that will be pieced together on site to look like one continuous treatment. We can provide linings and interlinings and goods necessary to complete a project.

If you are looking for a workroom or even just extra hands for some fabrications, please contact us by email or phone.

We would love to assist you in making your designs and dreams become a reality